Bad Breath Remedies without Overspending
Have you been fed up of the embarrassing experiences that you’ve been through because of bad breath? Surely, you just want your confidence back and smile without thinking that someone might again butt in and tell you that your breath smells bad. Well, you don’t have to worry that much since there are now lots of ways on how to get rid of bad breath; thanks to the sciences. Different bad breath remedies are also available. These are treatment that you can do at home and which will not need you to spend much.
So what are the bad breath remedies that you can do at home? Here are some of them:
1.) Drink lots and lots of water
• According to some experts, drinking lots of all through the day will help you minimize your bad breath problem. This is especially important for people who suffer from excessively dry mouths.
In order to wash out the foods in our mouth, saliva is needed. It serves as a diluting agent for the bacteria and its waste product it produce. Thus, we need our body to produce more saliva. But, if we are dehydrated, there is a tendency that the body will reduce the saliva it produces. And when there is not enough saliva produced, you’re at a great risk to have bad breath.
2.) Rinse the mouth
• Just by rinsing your mouth every once in a while, you can be sure that no food particle is left in your mouth and gum line. Bacterial waste products will also be diluted by rinsing; thus, reducing or eliminating the cause of bad breath.
3.) Stimulate saliva flow
• By stimulating the saliva flow in your body, you are assured of minimizing unpleasant breath odor. So how can you stimulate saliva flow? The trick is to chew something when you feel that your mouth is becoming dry. This action will make your body think that you are eating and thus will produce more saliva for digestion.
You can chew parsley or some mint. Or you can choose to chew some gums or lozenges; just make sure that you get something that’s sugar-free.
4.) Clean the mouth properly
• After eating, it is important to clean your mouth thoroughly. And since anaerobic bacteria tend to thrive on protein-rich food, it is more important to clean your mouth properly after eating meat, fish, poultry and other foods with high protein content.
How will you clean your mouth? Here are some tips:
• Brush and floss daily – actually, most expert advice that you should brush your teeth 2-3 times a day and floss at least twice.
• Scrape your tongue using a tongue scraper to make sure that the bacteria sticking on and under it will be eliminated
• Make sure that you do not use any oral hygiene products that contain sodium lauryl sulphate or alcohol.
• Using of products that contain zinc compounds and/or chlorine dioxide is also a great way to clean the mouth.
Now that you know the different bad breath remedies that you can follow without having to spend up all your savings, you’ll no longer have to worry about having bad breaths. But, you know, it is still better to prevent bad breath than curing it. And one way to avoid it is by not eating too much food that has strong odors like onion and garlic. And of course, visiting your dentist at least twice a year is the best way to have fresh breath and stronger teeth.